Thursday, January 15, 2009

lots of pictures!

Hello everyone! Thanks to tempermental internet in the UWRC, I haven't been able to post new pictures so I have a lot to share from the past week.

Everywhere around Rome, it seems, there are take-out pizza places where you order pizza by weight. Essentially you tell them how big of a piece you want, they hack it off and charge you by how much that piece weighs. It's the closest thing I've encountered to "fast food" here. Sammie and I stopped at one on the way home from class one evening and decided to try it out.



The one i picked had cheese, tomatoes, zucchini, and mushrooms. It wasn't fabulous, but it was nice for a quick bite and definitely beat American fast food!


This is me with my first gelato! It was chocolate mint flavored and absolutely delicious. Since having this cone, we discovered the best gelato ever, at a place near the Pantheon. They had tons of flavors! I had a cone with coffee, caramel, and chocolate mint. The flavors were so strong and real, it tasted like the real thing!

In class this week we've been studying Imperial Rome and we made trips to the Imperial Forums and the Colosseum.


Caesar's forum


Trajan's column


Nerva's forum, with a temple of Minerva, the goddess of art and craft!!


Colosseum!




Old barracks and training ground for the gladiators.









On Wednesday, we took a chartered bus out to Hadrian's villa and the Villa d'Este. I was going to post these pictures today for everyone to see (both places were spectacular!) but my camera battery died during the transfer!! I will get them up as soon as I can.

Ciao!

No comments: