Tuesday, January 20, 2009

A short note

Today was a beautiful, warm, emotional and historic day. We watched President Barack Obama's inauguration at the UWRC streamed live over the internet. The director of the UW Rome Center told us that this was the largest gathering of people ever recorded anywhere. As a young person, I am hopeful and I am excited about this man who has inspired so many. We are the generation that will change the future and it moved me to tears to see my peers pack the UWRC conference room to witness this incredible event. This is the start of a new chapter for our country, this is the start of something new and bright that will change the world.

For the first time in a very long time, I'm happy to say that I have never been so proud to be American.

I love you all. Cheers!
OBAMARAMA!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

It would be very interesting to get an update on what the Italian people you meet think about the change. Love, Daddy

Unknown said...

I missed it due to oversleeping and a nasty cold, but it was a huge deal and something never to forget! and yes showers in italy stink haha

-syd